Notre Dame is one team, with one heartbeat.
Lou Holtz truly believes that Notre Dame’s loyal sons and daughters have a special obligation to support Notre Dame’s commitment to excellence in every arena, whether athletic or academic.
He knows from personal experience that, what though the odds be great or small, nothing is impossible when the Notre Dame family unites behind a vision, a dream, or a goal for Our Lady’s University.
- … cast of thousands, working in loyalty for the Notre Dame of their dreams, in a love affair that lasts a lifetime."Rev. Robert Griffin, C.S.C.
- 15. Loyalty: Give your best service to the team, school, game, and coach."Knute Rockne, 25 Commandments
- 25. The Present and the Future: Give to your school the best that you have, and the best will come back to you."Knute Rockne, 25 Commandments
- … they [glory and honor] were really important things when I was young. To struggle to make Notre Dame preeminent in football was noble. Being asked to sacrifice oneâs own good time for the sake of the school was also noble. To hurt and bleed a little for Notre Dame made a lad feel strong."Frank Leahy, from the book Shake Down the Thunder by Wells Twombly
- Their [Notre Dame familyâs] blood is in the bricks."Frank OâMalley, late Professor of English, University of Notre Dame
- What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories."George Eliot
- The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals."Rensis Likert
- Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life"Napoleon Hill, How to Think and Grow Rich
- Do not let loyalty and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."Proverbs 3:3
- I will follow thee, To the last gasp, with truth and loyalty."Shakespeare, As You Like It