Notre Dame is a special place that inspires loyalty like no other institution I have ever seen.
We are now and will always be loyal sons and daughters of Notre Dame. This year Beth and I gave $1 million to help Notre Dame. We are fortunate to be in a position to do this and we are equally fortunate to have a place like ND to give it to.
But it’s more than loyalty that drives our contribution to Notre Dame, it’s the fact that Notre Dame students are changing the world for good.
It’s because Notre Dame students and faculty are right now engaged in finding solutions to real world problems. Issues like water quality in developing countries, sustainable energy, or even a cure to cancer. When Beth was diagnosed with cancer it was the grace of God, love, and the caring of many individuals especially those from the ND family that got us through. Now we know that through research Notre Dame may be able to locate, isolate and eventually eradicate cancer in the human body.
Do you want just one example? Take a sneak peek at this Fighting For ad that will run during a game next month that features one of our amazing undergraduate students who is afflicted with cancer and has returned to Notre Dame to pursue research to make sure people are better prepared to handle this disease. The research Courtney is engaged in here at Notre Dame would not be possible without your help… your loyalty… your belief that we can change the world for good.
Support Notre Dame in changing the world.
- … cast of thousands, working in loyalty for the Notre Dame of their dreams, in a love affair that lasts a lifetime."Rev. Robert Griffin, C.S.C.
- 15. Loyalty: Give your best service to the team, school, game, and coach."Knute Rockne, 25 Commandments
- 25. The Present and the Future: Give to your school the best that you have, and the best will come back to you."Knute Rockne, 25 Commandments
- … they [glory and honor] were really important things when I was young. To struggle to make Notre Dame preeminent in football was noble. Being asked to sacrifice oneâs own good time for the sake of the school was also noble. To hurt and bleed a little for Notre Dame made a lad feel strong."Frank Leahy, from the book Shake Down the Thunder by Wells Twombly
- Their [Notre Dame familyâs] blood is in the bricks."Frank OâMalley, late Professor of English, University of Notre Dame
- What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories."George Eliot
- The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals."Rensis Likert
- Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life"Napoleon Hill, How to Think and Grow Rich
- Do not let loyalty and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart."Proverbs 3:3
- I will follow thee, To the last gasp, with truth and loyalty."Shakespeare, As You Like It